The kiln is fixed. I replaced the thermocouple and the firing went fine. I am struggling a bit with drying times and the pressures of the semester--I forgot to put the spots on on one side of a loon!. Glazes came out well though.
At a craft fair in December anther artist from the area asked me for a llama. With my schedule and the kiln I have struggled to get to it. But finally:
I am pretty happy with this side.
This side was the first I carved and it looks sleepy but it has more depth. Anyway I lost the phone number of the person who asked me. So if you are reading this please contact me whether you want the llama or not so I can apologize properly.
And finally I have accumulated a bunch of seconds--mostly because of minor glaze issues and a few warping issues. I have set up a second sale to clear a bit of shelf space.